Marriage is the best thing in my life. When we openly and privately express our love for each other it only serves to strengthen our relationships. When I am actively thinking of ways to tell my husband how much I love him, it makes me love him more. I realize how happy he makes me and I appreciate everything about him. I see things and think, "How can I use that object to tell him I love him?" This makes me think of him all the time. It makes our marriage stronger and it makes us both happier.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Denim Quilt













I know Valentine's Day is still several months away. But if you decide you want to do this for Valentine's Day it could take several months to prepare. So I am posting this early. You can collect old jeans from friends or neighbors or buy them at second hand stores. My daughters and I have made several quilts using old blue jeans. We cut 5" squares from old jeans and sewed them together to make the top. Then we tied them to a coordinating back fabric. You can use a thin batt if you would like, but denim is very heavy so make sure the batt is thin. Bandana fabric works really well for the back. Or for Valentine's Day a heart print works well. We included a lot of the details of the pants, like pockets, belt hoops, side seams, buttons and zippers. When you use things like front pockets or zippers, make sure they are sewn closed so that nothing gets lost in the quilt (Just sew across the bottom of the pocket, so the top remains openable).You could even use parts of the pants that have small holes. Just be sure to line the square with a contrasting piece of cloth. Then you can put love notes in the different pockets. Have a picnic on the blanket (on the livingroom floor if it is too cold outside). You're honey could be finding love notes for a very long time. My daughter did this for her husband and he found one of the notes a year later.
Children's sized jeans work well because the pockets are smaller than the pockets on adult sized jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...