Marriage is the best thing in my life. When we openly and privately express our love for each other it only serves to strengthen our relationships. When I am actively thinking of ways to tell my husband how much I love him, it makes me love him more. I realize how happy he makes me and I appreciate everything about him. I see things and think, "How can I use that object to tell him I love him?" This makes me think of him all the time. It makes our marriage stronger and it makes us both happier.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!

I remember when I was about 10 years old, my dad wrote a poem for me and each of my sisters for Valentine's Day. He just wrote it on a heart cut from red construction paper. Nothing fancy. I don't remember exactly what it said. I was too little then to appreciate it enough to save it. But I do remember how I felt when he gave it to me.
I treasure copies of letters that my Great grandfather wrote to my grandma when she was a young girl away from home at a boarding school. In the letters he expresses his great love for her and how much he misses her and how he trusts that God is watching over her.
There is really nothing I want more, than for my children and grandchildren for generations to come to know how much I love their dad and them and the Savior. How will they know that, if I don't write it down? They won't.
I guess that is the point of this blog entry. If you do nothing else this Valentine's Day, write the people you love a love letter. Not something hot and passionate (although you could do that, too), write your true feelings, something that you want your grandchildren to know. It doesn't have to be fancy. It just needs to be sincere.
If you want to make it cute, Martha Stewart has some cute ideas for love notes on here website here, here, here, and here.


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and have nominated you for an award! Go to my blog at www.room-mom101.blogspot.com to receive your award. Keep up the great blogging and I hope you continue to add more ideas!

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...