Marriage is the best thing in my life. When we openly and privately express our love for each other it only serves to strengthen our relationships. When I am actively thinking of ways to tell my husband how much I love him, it makes me love him more. I realize how happy he makes me and I appreciate everything about him. I see things and think, "How can I use that object to tell him I love him?" This makes me think of him all the time. It makes our marriage stronger and it makes us both happier.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Charis's Valentines

Hi I am the daughter. I loved growing up and watching my mother show her love for my daddio. Consequently I have decided to do it for my husband. Here are some of the ideas I have done this year for my husband.

I first of all got stuff that he needed, and tried to make it cute.

He needed new pants So I told him "You are my smartie pants" (gave him some canadian smarties too!)

He needed a new shirt and tie so he gets that on Sunday with a note that says we are the perfect fit.
He needs a drill and a level. . he is always wishing he had one so that is what he gets, with a note that says, "you know the drill, be my valentine" and one that says, "You are my life saver" you keep me "level" headed." oh yeah and he gets gummie life savers... his favorite.

I got him some of his favorite candy from England and a note that ties them together.
Some really stupid novelty things
I got him a childrens music CD so we can sing to our baby at night and a Signing DVD to help him learn how to sign songs to our baby. (everyone in our immediate family signs. . . so we are trying to expand our knowledge of the language).
He loves to play games with the family so I got him a game.

He loves to read to my baby, so I got him a book that is really cool

He loves to go hit golf balls, but it costs lots of money so I got him some foam golf balls and a driving mat so that he can go practice hitting them in the yard.
He ties balloon animals, so I got him a new book that shows how to make animals with lots of balloons, very cool.

I got him some treats that he likes to sit and share with the kids. They say things like "I am your fairly tale princess" and "you are my super hero" and "I know this is cheesy, but I love you lots and lots and lots and lots" Etc.
Really, you can make anything into a valentine, big or small, if you don't have a lot of money just use stuff you need anyhow and make it special. They will just love the fact that you thought of a special way of giving it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...