Marriage is the best thing in my life. When we openly and privately express our love for each other it only serves to strengthen our relationships. When I am actively thinking of ways to tell my husband how much I love him, it makes me love him more. I realize how happy he makes me and I appreciate everything about him. I see things and think, "How can I use that object to tell him I love him?" This makes me think of him all the time. It makes our marriage stronger and it makes us both happier.

Friday, January 30, 2009

squeaky clean valentines


My mom and I made these home made soaps this morning. We bought the stuff at various craft shops in town. With the 50% coupons that are often found for craft shops these soaps were not that much more expensive than store bought traditional bath soap. We simply followed the directions on the package, added color and glitter (made for soaps). We used rubber heart shaped ice cube trays, they were perfect because they popped out so easily.

These look way cute next to my sink in my bathroom. I think I will give some to my mother-in-law as a valentines day present in the next few days. She will love them.

Remember you can express your love and appreciation to other people besides your significant other on valentines.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! This is so sweet, and makes me think how much I love my husband. I always take flowers to my husband's office on Valentine's Day because he loves flowers, and his office is rather dismal with no windows. It's my one romantic splurge of the year!

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...