Marriage is the best thing in my life. When we openly and privately express our love for each other it only serves to strengthen our relationships. When I am actively thinking of ways to tell my husband how much I love him, it makes me love him more. I realize how happy he makes me and I appreciate everything about him. I see things and think, "How can I use that object to tell him I love him?" This makes me think of him all the time. It makes our marriage stronger and it makes us both happier.

Friday, February 4, 2011

My daughters made these cute minature heart cakes using the DeMarle flower pan. They cut the full size cake into quarters, making 4 small hearts. The hearts end up being about 5 inches across. They decorated each heart cake differently. Cut cakes are much easier to frost if you freeze them before you frost them and frost them while they are still frozen (the crumbs from the cut edges don't get mixed in with the frosting as badly). The roses on one of the cakes was made out of fruit-by-the-foot. The instructions are here. The others were just decorated with colored sugar, cake crumbs or Valentine sprinkles. But you could decorate them any way you want. They would be fun to give to your friends or neighbors, but they are a little too large for single servings. DeMarle products are great. They are silicone based pans, but unlike other silicone pans, they brown things nicely. Things don't stick to them, so cakes come out of the pans really well. If you are interested in purching this pan (or other DeMarle/Silpat products) you can contact a representative at rosaliefullmer@gmail.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...