Marriage is the best thing in my life. When we openly and privately express our love for each other it only serves to strengthen our relationships. When I am actively thinking of ways to tell my husband how much I love him, it makes me love him more. I realize how happy he makes me and I appreciate everything about him. I see things and think, "How can I use that object to tell him I love him?" This makes me think of him all the time. It makes our marriage stronger and it makes us both happier.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Heart Pops For You

This pop corn is sooo yummy. I made a batch tonight and put it is small cellophane bags. I'm giving it to the girls at church tomorrow. You could put a note with it that says, "My Heart pops for you", or "Just poppin' in to say Happy Valentine's Day", or Hope your Valentine's Day is good to the last pop".

Cherry Cordial Popcorn

4 quarts popped corn
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. Cherry Flavoring Oil (available at baking supply stores, Baker's Cash & Carry)
red food coloring

molding chocolate
white molding chocolate

Keep freshly popped corn warm in large baking pan in 200 degree oven. Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, salt and cream of tartar in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cook to 250 degrees without stirring. Remove from heat. After boiling actoin ceases, add flavoring and color. Add soda and stir in quickly but thoroughly. Pour at once while foamy over wamr popcorn: mix gently to coat popcorn. Spread on parchment paper and breatk in pieces when cool. Melt molding chocolate 1 minute at a time at 30% power in microwave until barely melted. Drizzle over popcorn. Melt white chocolate (same as chocolate) Drizzle over popcorn.






Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...