Marriage is the best thing in my life. When we openly and privately express our love for each other it only serves to strengthen our relationships. When I am actively thinking of ways to tell my husband how much I love him, it makes me love him more. I realize how happy he makes me and I appreciate everything about him. I see things and think, "How can I use that object to tell him I love him?" This makes me think of him all the time. It makes our marriage stronger and it makes us both happier.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Flemmings Chocolate Lava Cake

Flemmings Restaurant in Salt Lake apparently has Chocolate Lava Cake that is to die for. I have never been there so I don't know. But yesterday, I was watching KSL Studio 5. They had a recipe for Flemmings Chocolate Lava Cake with a demonstration on how to make it. It looked really good so I decided to try it. I made it tonight for my daughters birthday. It was delicious. It is very light but very rich. The recipe makes about 12 servings. It is very high in fat. The lady who figured out the recipe and presented it on the program, was asked how you could make it less fattening. Her response was to share it. It is definitly a special occasion dessert. So Valentine's would be the perfect opportunity. If you slice stawberries to put on top, they can even look like hearts.


Here is the recipe:

Flemings Chocolate Lava Cake
Ingredients:
1 lb. butter
1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate
8 whole eggs
8 egg yolks
1 C. sugar
2 Tbs. flour
Optional: 2 tsp. vanilla
Method:
Cut butter and chocolate into small pieces. Heat on low heat in the microwave or over a double boiler until melted, stirring occasionally. While chocolate is melting combine whole eggs and egg yolks in mixing bowl and whip until slightly thick, about 5-6 minutes. Mix flour into sugar then pour into eggs and whip for 1 minute to blend. Lightly whip the chocolate and butter until smooth. Add to egg mixture. Add vanilla if desired.
Pour into ramekins (sprayed with non-stick spray or shortening and flour) to about half an inch from the top. Chill for 2-3 hours. Place in a 400 degree oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. (Center will be a bit jiggly.) Remove cake from oven and cool for 1 minute or more. Place cup on serving plate, cake side down and remove ramekin. Serve with ice cream. Garnish with fresh fruit, chopped nuts or whipped cream.

I think it is better cooked a little longer (not too much, you still want it runny in the middle).

KSL Studio5 has a lot of cute ideas for Valentines. Some cute ideas are here.
There are some really cute homemade candy boxes here. They are trying to sell a tool called a ScorPal. But you can make the boxes without it. You just have to measure and score your paper without the tool. They have lots of templates and ideas on their website.
There is a cute Valentine Count Down Jar here.
I"m guessing they will probably have Valentine ideas nearly everyday between now and Valentine's Day. So you might want to watch the show if you get it where you live, or check back at the Studio 5 website often to see what is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...