Marriage is the best thing in my life. When we openly and privately express our love for each other it only serves to strengthen our relationships. When I am actively thinking of ways to tell my husband how much I love him, it makes me love him more. I realize how happy he makes me and I appreciate everything about him. I see things and think, "How can I use that object to tell him I love him?" This makes me think of him all the time. It makes our marriage stronger and it makes us both happier.

Monday, January 12, 2009

group activity

Many years ago 3 of my friends and I decided to make Valentines for our husbands. We each came up with 3 valentine ideas and made 4 copies of each. Then we traded with each other so we each had 12 Valentines to give our husbands. The next year we invited 10 more friends to join us. Each person came up with one idea and made 14 copies. Then we were able to give one Valentine to our husband each day for the first two weeks of February. We put a price limit of about $1.00 for each Valentine, so nobody spent more than about $15.00. We have continued the tradition for many years, and surprisingly, every year we get new ideas. It is a lot of fun for us as well as our husbands. Each year the people who participate varies. Two of the original four no longer participate. Occasionally, we have had unmarried people (engaged) participate. So the rules may have to be altered to fit the situation. You may not want to have too suggestive of themes if you include people who are not married yet or are just dating. Some ideas could be used for friends and other family members as well
We found candy bars or inexpensive toys that we could put creative phrases with to make the valentines. Some lists of ideas will follow later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...