Marriage is the best thing in my life. When we openly and privately express our love for each other it only serves to strengthen our relationships. When I am actively thinking of ways to tell my husband how much I love him, it makes me love him more. I realize how happy he makes me and I appreciate everything about him. I see things and think, "How can I use that object to tell him I love him?" This makes me think of him all the time. It makes our marriage stronger and it makes us both happier.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Sweet Hearts for my Sweetheart

We made candy like this for my daughter's wedding a couple of years ago. They are fudge hearts dipped in chocolate. This year we found plastic heart shaped ice cube trays at Target. They cost $2.50 for 2. I also found them at the local dollar store. These are great. When we made them before, we used hard plastic candy molds. It was very difficult to get the fudge out of the molds. But with the ice cube trays, we just sprayed the mold with PAM, put the fudge in the mold, put it in the freezer for about a half hour, then we just pushed it out from the bottom. It was so much easier! The recipe makes a lot (100-150 depending on the size).

We used good quality molding chocolate to dip them in. It is easier to use than dipping chocolate. But be sure you get the good stuff. Not the kind that is available at craft stores. I buy it at Bakers Cash & Carry in Salt Lake. It's easier to dip the fudge when it is cold (not frozen). But after they are finished, store them at room temperature.

We bought the flowers and little hearts at Peppermint Place In Alpine, UT. It is much easier than trying to make your own (at least for me) and they are much cuter than anything I can make.

These are truly yummy. Here's the recipe for the fudge (don't refrigerate the fudge before making the hearts, put the fudge in the molds while it is warm, then after it is set up and you remove it from the mold, repeat with more fudge:



See’s Fudge

1 large can evaporated milk
3 12 oz. packages chocolate chips
½ lb. margarine
4½ cups sugar
1 8 oz. jar marshmallow cream
1 t. vanilla
nuts

Combine all ingredients except milk and sugar and set aside. Mix milk and sugar in a sauce pan. Cook for 9 minutes at a full rolling boil. Pour over other ingredients and stir until smooth. Pour into a 9x13 pan. Refrigerate until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...