Marriage is the best thing in my life. When we openly and privately express our love for each other it only serves to strengthen our relationships. When I am actively thinking of ways to tell my husband how much I love him, it makes me love him more. I realize how happy he makes me and I appreciate everything about him. I see things and think, "How can I use that object to tell him I love him?" This makes me think of him all the time. It makes our marriage stronger and it makes us both happier.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Neighborhood Activity

When I was little, it was common for children to secretly put valentine's on their friends doorstep, ring the bell and run (I know that shows that I'm an old woman). That no longer seems to be a custom. But none the less, it was a lot of fun and I think it is kind of unfortunate that it is no longer continued. In that spirit, for a couple of years, my neighborhood did a Valentine cupid. Each family that wanted to participate was assigned another family. During the week before Valentine's Day, they deliver treats or small Valentine presents three times to the assigned family. Families with small children love this. My kids loved it when they were small. It teaches them to be kind (sometimes to people they don't even know well). And they love being on the recieving end as well.
We delivered the following poem when making the assignments to the families.


Valentine’s Day is coming.
It’s just around the bend.
A time to show each other
We’re glad that we are friends.

The cupid is a symbol
of the love that we all share,
A reminder to each one of us
to show someone we care.

For someone else’s family,
The cupid you will be.
It makes you feel so good inside
as you will plainly see.

We’ve given you a family
to provide for in this game.
And in return, someone else
will do for you the same.

Three times within the week
before this cheerful holiday,
sneak something fun onto their porch
then quickly run away.

The game is rather simple
and so much fun to do.
Enjoy yourself and share some love.
Happy Valentine’s to you!

You have been assigned the _________________family.
Address______________________
Phone________________________
©Copyright by Christine Strong - January 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...